Thursday, August 20, 2009

The BEAUTY Of Rejection!

Hello gorgeous.

Ever hear the phrase, "When one door closes, another one will open?" Now although the phrase is pretty cliche, it still has some validity and power in it! In life we seem to place so much hope in the next door opening as fast as it can so we can get over the fact that one door has just been slammed in our faces. But if the door never closed on us, another one would not have opened! The second door opening is supposed to be new opportunity, hope or change and the first door is supposed to be rejection. But in my opinion, rejection is not as bad as many make it out to be!

So many fear it, fight it and avoid it like the plague, but what they fail to realize is that rejection is a beneficial factor of life. Most people are so distant or against Rejection because it never travels alone; it always has its friends Vulnerability, Pity, and Sadness tagging along with it. Feeling all these emotions is enough reason for someone to not want to have to face rejection, but there are several benefits that come from enduring it. Facing a problem and standing tall against it gives you power, experience, and may enlighten you with truth about your self or the situation you are in.

Personally I can be honest and say that I have a lot of confidence in myself; do not get me wrong I have my insecurities just like everyone else, but I am also very self-assured. With that being said, despite all my confidence and security I have with myself, I am still human and I have encountered my share of rejection. I have been rejected by guys, rejected by peers, rejected from universities and colleges, rejected from jobs...and the list goes on and on! But I still have walked away from all of those experiences stronger, brighter, and surprisingly more optimistic than before I endured them! I will also say that yes, it hurts to be rejected especially repeatedly. So I can understand someone's reasoning for not wanting to face a problem or issue in fear of being turned down.

However, there is a beauty in pain that can only be discovered through stomaching it. There is a certain knowledge that you absorb when you overcome rejection, and it can be flexible and applicable to various aspects of your life. So many cringe at the thought of being bold and brave in their situations and they cower away. They shy away from asking someone they like out on a date, opening up about their feelings or expressing their emotions, or demonstrating their talent or creativity all because of rejection. Instead of screaming, they muffle themselves and stay silent. Regret and resentment usually follows.

I said all that to say this, we as humans are not invincible. We all have our rain days, and sometimes those rainy days turn into brutal storms. Rejection is not all that bad once you get to know him, in fact he's really beautiful once you learn how to conquer him. Life is not all about having your back glued to the wall, but it is also not all about being wild and reckless. Sometimes life is about taking the plunge, being risky, testing your chances. And if you fall and hit the ground, there's really only one logical thing left to do which is to get back up! The more times you endure rejection the more prone you will become to equipping yourself for it and his clingy buddies. Let us not muffle ourselves in silence, let's give rejection a run for its money and scream--loudly scream!

Later my little monsters.
Mikey was HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I find rejection very hard to face, as you know. This blog is very true, too the face that I am very scared to open that door to the unknown, and I am still very hesitant about it. Only time can tell what I will do, but for now, I guess I just weigh my options because I'm not quite ready to make that leap.

    ReplyDelete