Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HIGHS & lows.

Hello gorgeous.

Living is so turbulent, well at least for me it is. Maybe its because my actions are so impulsive and unpredictable. I know it drives my friends insane, hell I surprise myself most of the time.

But there are those days when I feel on top of the world. There are times when I walk across my school campus and I feel big, bigger than life. I zone out and everything around me kneels before me. I take the day by the horns and everything goes my way. The hugs from friends are non-stop, and the smiles and compliments from strangers are just as plentiful. Laughing is abundant and contagious amongst those I come in contact with. I feel loved, and I am elevated to a higher level. I glow and beam with happiness, I even float a little bit. It feels like I'm running when I'm just standing in one spot. Those days are what I look forward to.

But there are other days. Days that are darker, much darker. Days when I feel doubtful and unsure. I feel restless, and agitated because I can't seem to focus on anything. There are moments when I feel completely detached from my life and reality. I feel like a crumbling building, falling apart bit by bit until everything comes crashing down. There are those days when I feel like screaming, angry and resentful. Days when I am surrounded by people who know me and love me, and I feel isolated and alone. I can't articulate my emotions, and it feels like if I made an attempt to express myself it would be equivalent to being blind folded and taking a shot in a dark room. There are times when I feel like I am under so much pressure that I am about to explode. Those days are what I run from.

But through my highs and lows, I am so blessed to see another day. When my alarm clock goes off in the morning, or a friend calls me and breaks my sleep, for that silent moment laying in my bed, and my mind is fighting off the haze of my sleepiness, I feel a joy. A joy that I am a new person today. Whether the day is good or bad, I am totally and entirely 100% new. Then things don't look so gloomy anymore. A new me is born, and life becomes amazing. Life becomes less of a chore and more of a privilege. We all go through highs and lows, but its the highs and lows that make us stronger. Its those those highs and lows that turns a new page, teaches us a new lesson, that gives us another chance to make something incredible happen. Its the highs and lows that eventually shapes the impossible into miracles.

Peace and love!
Mikey was HERE.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that even after the low days you can still wake up in the morning and move on. Most people let life's troubles get them, and you are most def not one of those people and for that I admire you. =]

    ReplyDelete