Friday, January 22, 2010

Dream BIG!

Hello gorgeous.

So winter is here, and off to a very ugly start! The new spring semester of school has started, and I have a huge amount on my plate! As I am getting closer to transferring, I've been asking myself this question: "Why am I doing this?"

I do not take my education lightly or for granted, I believe having an education will set you free. I am so blessed and appreciative to be able to learn and liberate my mind, I honestly can not imagine my life without school. But I am getting older and growing up, and my education is now leading me towards the career I want to have, but why am I doing this?

It truly feels like I am stepping into a new playing field, and many of my childish thoughts and actions are having to be left behind. I am stepping into adulthood, and I am on the verge of starting my life. But why? Why not take the easy road and subject to the life my environment has for me? Why not become a stereotype? Why all the struggle? Why all the stress?

The answer to that is because I have to. I have to be greater than the numerous sorry stories of my environment. I have to shatter the stereotypes to make a change not only for myself, but for the generations after me. I have to struggle through all of my obstacles because I believe the victory will be worth it. I have to endure the stress in order to make it to the top.

I refuse to be anything other than the best; I am determined to reach my maximum potential. So I'll be fearless. I'll be a pioneer. I'll be resilient. I'll be tenacious. I'll fight until there is no fight left in me, and then get back in the ring to fight again. I will not fall victim to fear. My dreams are so palpable I can feel and touch them. I believe life has something incredible to offer all of us, and all we have to do is reach out and get it. I don't know about you, but I want what life has for me! So the next time DOUBT comes along to ask me why I am doing all this, I will tell it because there's something in store for me and I refuse to let it go to waste!

Peace and love!

Mikey was HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible. Everyone has these "why am I doing this?" moments and I had one in my very first blog, not quite as inspirational as yours but, I made it! I know you will succeed and I'll be with you EVERY step of the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete