Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dear Hater...


Dear hater,

Really? Again? I thought we squashed all this nonsense long ago, but I guess you decided to come back for act 2! Do you ever give that feeble little mind of yours a break? I think its so cute of you to dedicate so much time, thought and energy to little ole' me! They say big things come in small packages, and that dense tiny mind of yours sure causes so much commotion, particularly when I'm around! You sure are brave to publicize your feelings for me, most admirers prefer to remain secret, but not you! Aww, how sweet.

Oh hater, when will you learn? Haven't you ever heard the grade school quote that, "I am rubber and you are glue, and whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you"? With that being said, all your negativity holds no weight with me, it just continues its ruthless grip on you and your sorry little life. Didn't I tell you last time to go get a hobby or at least occupy your time with something productive? Glaring and snickering at me does not count you big silly! If anything, your snide remarks and attempts to pump fear into me only furthermore validates my excellence and superiority over you. I was already headed for the top, but thank you ever so kindly for pushing me up a few steps.

An old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it think" and I find so much relevance in that statement because I can lead your mind to some knowledge but I can not make you think! Hatred does nothing good for one's physical, emotional or mental being, if anything it confines you. I'm all about love and progression, and you and I can never coexist being that you are all about negativity and digression. Not all opposites attract, some of them repel.

Great leaders are seldom understood or threatened by their peers, and you and your shallow outlook on life pose no threat to me. Perhaps you do not dislike or hate me, but in fact fear me because I pose a threat to you. Whereas you live your life in a box, I live mine outside it. You fear me because you fear change. However, instead of turning my back on you I choose to enlighten you. I do not think I am better than you, I am simply leading by example. I do not seek revenge on you, I pray for humility and patience to deal with you. You do not disgust me although you very often disappoint me. But you are human just like me and I know as humans we are frequently flawed. And because I can empathize with you, I grit my teeth when you scowl at me. I turn the other cheek when you cause an uproar when I walk by. I try my best not to verbally assault you when you make rude remarks about me.

Hater, I love you dearly. Thanks for the fuel, and when I reach my peak I promise to embrace my success and remain humble. I couldn't have made it this far with out you, keep it up!

XOXO
Mikey was HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Haters will be haters. Let them keep working your game, you'll have some great things to step on. =]

    ReplyDelete